h e a r t s c e n t
NATURAL HEALTH + SIMPLE BEAUTY
I believe in products that are simple, clean and effective. You should be able to read the ingredient deck and be familiar with each and every item. That is my guarantee.
I am a Chemist, Certified Aromatherapist and owner of h e a r t s c e n t. My interest and passion for plant medicine began while dealing with multiple chemical sensitivities as a young adult. My personal journey to regain my health took me down many roads to discover simple truths about wellness:
- listen to your inner guidance about health, no matter what the experts say
- pay attention, your body will always tell me what you need and don’t need
- and wisely put by Hippocrates – “Let food be thy medicine, and let medicine be thy food.”
I incorporate these three basic beliefs into my practice and the development of each and every blend. Now I am sharing them with you. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with…
From the Heart, Naturally…
Essential oils have been used for thousands of years to support the wisdom of our bodies. As a natural component of the world’s health care tool box, they support our bodies naturally, when used properly.
Unfortunately, our society has become very dependent upon western medicine. We have forgotten about plant medicine and how it works. We are used to strong pharmaceuticals that can have amazing results, but also amazing consequences. It is not unusual to have to take a second prescription to offset the effects of the first prescription. I think we are just starting to ‘remember’ how to use whole plants to stay healthy and help us find balance when we are in poor health.
h e a r t s c e n t offers a number of blends to support health, naturally. Each ingredient is certified organic and chosen for its specific benefit to the blend.
- Use essential oil blends at the first sign of discomfort or to help prevent issues.
- Use frequently through out the day or as needed for comfort.
- As with all natural products it is advised to store away from heat and direct sunlight to maintain quality.
- Because these are fresh ingredients, it is recommended that you use within 6 months to one year from the date of purchase.
- As with any product if irritation occurs, discontinue use.
Our skin is the largest organ of our body and our protection from outside elements. I believe that what we put on the skin is just as important as the things we ingest. In most cases ingredients are selected if they are considered safe to ingest. This is a good way to insure that the products continue to be ALL NATURAL. Even thought they are safe, they may not taste great, so please continue to use for external use only.
Most skin care products in the US contain up to 80% water. Not only does that mean you get less quality ingredients, but also whenever water is added as an ingredient, preservatives and other chemicals are required to maintain the product. I preferred to develop a product line that did not contain these chemicals so I went the route of creating a ‘waterless’ line of skin care and numerous wellness blends.
In Europe and other parts of the world, simple plant oils are the more popular option for hydrating dry skin. Most natural oils are easily absorbed and have a low potential to clog pores, which makes them perfect for all skin types. Because they are not diluted with water and other synthetic chemicals, a little will go a very long way when using this type of product, one – two drops on damp skin is luminous.
- Pump one to two precious drops of oil or a dab of butter onto damp fingertips,
- Rub hands in circular motion to spread and warm the oil / butter
- Gently apply to clean, damp skin. Dab and lightly blend over the area.
- Let the product penetrate the skin for a few minutes and if needed, simply pat any excess oil with a tissue. If you have to remove oil, apply fewer drops next time.