Castor oil “packs” can be an economical and efficient method of infusing the ricinoleic acid and other healing components of castor oil directly into your tissues. There are several ways to use castor oil topically.
HOW TO USE A CASTOR OIL PACK:
- Use only high quality organic cold-pressed castor oil
- Soak wool flannel with the oil so that it is completely saturated OR you can apply CASTOR OIL SALVE directly to the affected area. The oil should be at room temperature.
- Lie on your back with your feet elevated (using a pillow under your knees and feet works well), placing oiled wool piece directly onto your abdomen (or injured area); cover the wool with the sheet of vinyl, and place the hot water bottle on top of the plastic.
- (Optional) Cover everything with the old towel to insulate the heat . Take caution not to get the oil on whatever you are laying on, as it can stain. If necessary, cover that surface with something to protect it.
- Leave pack on for 45 to 60 minutes.
- When finished, remove the oil from your skin by washing with a solution of two tablespoons of baking soda to one quart water, or just soap and water. (Be sure to wash the towel by itself, as the castor oil can make other clothes stink if washed together.)
- You can reuse the pack MANY times. Store the pack in a large zip-lock bag or other plastic container in a convenient location, such as next to your bed. Replace the pack after it begins to change color. Wash the vinyl with soap and water, as needed. Allow to air dry.
- For maximum effectiveness, apply at least THREE consecutive days per week for one month. Patients who use the pack daily report the most benefits.
SUPPLIES SOLD SEPARATELY:
- CASTOR OIL – organic oil with nothing else added
- CASTOR OIL SALVE – made with organic castor oil that has been infused with Arnica montana
- IngredientS: arnica* infused castor* & grapeseed oil, beeswax, vitamin e, lavender*, rosemary*, marjoram*, black pepper*, white camphor*, eucalyptus* – *organic
- 2.0 ounce (59g) Salve in amber PP jar with screw top lid
- CASTOR OIL PACK – convenient way to apply castor oil treatment for maximum benefit
- Small castor oil pack -8″ X 12″
- Large castor oil pack – 12″ X 18″
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.