As with any injury, the sooner we respond, the better the opportunity for a quick recovery. The old recipe for soft tissue injury – R I C E applies in this case as well.
- REST – is a key component with any injury
- ICE – is excellent at reducing inflammation and pain
- COMPRESSION – aims to reduce the swelling that results from the inflammatory process
- ELEVATION – of the injured area also helps to reduce swelling
It is impossible for most of us to stay off our feet while an injury is healing. Therefore, I also encourage the use of a good foot support in your shoes. It is important to put the support into both shoes so that the change in one shoe does not affect your alignment.
2.0 ounce (59g) Salve in amber PP jar with screw top lid and 2-100% wool pad
- Helichrysum italicum (Everlasting) is one of the most healing essential oils available today. It is traditionally known for its wound and injury healing properties. It is very expensive oil so I only use it when it is really necessary.
- Arnica Montana (Arnica) – this herb is very popular in sports medicine for various injuries. The oils in this salve have been infused with arnica for an extra punch
- Ricinus communis (Castor Bean) Oil – this has been a popular treatment for thousands of years. It has been referenced in the Bible, Edward Casey, the “father of holistic medicine,” included castor oil and wool for numerous treatments for over 40 years.
- At the first sign of discomfort, apply salve to the affected area.
- Blend salve into the skin and lay enclosed wool pad over the area.
- Put on socks.
- Wear shoes that give the most support. Use inserts if extra support is needed.
- Re-apply salve four times daily for two weeks.
Discontinue use if irritation occurs. Seek medical attention if you do not see improvement.
Last year I was walking our kids down to the bus and on the way back, I had to walk around a logging truck that was loading up some wood in our driveway. I didn’t want to get in the way, so after the bucket went to one side of the truck, I attempted to quickly maneuver around the other side of the truck. My very first step into my jog around the truck, I felt something tear/rip/burn in the arch of my foot and was in excruciating pain. I limped backed to the house. I called my mother-in-law to whine to her about how bad my foot hurt. A couple of days later, I received a package in the mail from her with this Plantar Fasciitis salve and wool pad. I used this salve every 4-6 hours with the wool pad over the salve and then I also used a velcro arch support. Within 3 weeks, I no longer had any pain in my foot. This stuff really worked for me!! I’ve heard of people struggling with plantar fasciitis for months and months, and mine was completely healed in 3 weeks using this powerful all-natural, healing salve. I would recommend this over and over again! – Karri B Trego, WI
Other options for every day aches & pains:
- Castor Oil with Arnica – this is another great product for aches and pains
- SPICY HOT Salve – is nice when a little heat feels good
- RELIEF – contains peppermint and lavender, both help relieve everyday aches and pains, AND they have a wonderful aroma. The peppermint is cooling too.
- LAVENDER Products – Lavender essential oils has analgesic properties and it is calming to the nervous system
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.