Calendula officinalis is a wonderful herb that has been used in skin preparations for hundreds of years. It is an unassuming, common flower often referred to as a ‘pot marigold’ that comforts skin irritations such as: bug bites, minor cuts and scrapes, diaper rash, psoriasis and eczema.
BABY Shea Butter may be used for dry irritated skin, minor cuts, bug bites, and diaper rash. Lavender and chamomile have a relaxing and calming effect on the skin AND the mood.
- change your baby’s soiled or wet diapers as soon as possible and clean the area thoroughly
- occasionally soak your baby’s bottom between diaper changes with warm water and apply BABY SHEA BUTTER to protect skin
- allow your baby’s skin to dry completely before you put on another diaper
- some babies are sensitive to baby wipes, perhaps you can use cotton round moistened with warm water
- put the diaper on loosely to prevent chafing or allow your baby to go without diapers for several hours to give irritated skin a chance to dry and “breathe”
- rinse cloth diapers a few times to remove any trace of soap or detergent that can irritate your baby’s skin (avoid using fabric softeners and dryer sheets)
*For educational purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.