h e a r t s c e n t
(Melaleuca alternifolia) has been known for its beneficial properties for the skin. It is often the first choice when dealing with minor skin infections1 or inflammation.
5 ml (approx 110 drops) organic essential oil in amber glass apothecary bottle with orifice reducer
100% Certified Organic Essential Oil | GCMS Purity Tested | Undiluted
BOTANICAL NAME: Melaleuca alternifolia
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: South Africa
METHOD OF CULTIVATION: Organic
METHOD OF EXTRACTION: Steam distilled
PARTS USED: Leaves and Twigs
NOTE CLASSIFICATION: Middle
AROMA: Spicy, Fresh, Camphor like, Herbaceous
BLENDS WELL WITH: Basil, bergamot, black pepper, chamomile, clary sage, clove, cypress, eucalyptus, geranium, juniper, lavender, lemon, marjoram, nutmeg, peppermint, pine, rosemary, thyme, ylang ylang
TRADITIONAL USE: is known for its skin healing, anti-microbial properties. Tea tree essential oils is helpful for minor skin inflammation and infection.1
SUGGESTED SHELF LIFE: 3-4 years
SAFETY: Non-toxic, but may be irritating for sensitive skin.
- On the go hand sanitizer – add 5 drops Tea Tree, 10 drops Lavender and 5 drops peppermint to 1 oz of aloe vera gel. Shake before use.
- Next time you are dealing with a little athletes foot, soak your feet in a tub of warm water with Epsom salt and 5 drops of tea tree oil. Both the salt and the tea tree are natural anti-fungal s.
- Tea tree can be very helpful when dealing with reparatory or lung congestion. Prepare a stock blend of 10 drops Rosemary, 10 drops Eucalyptus and 10 drops of Tea Tree. Store the stock blend in a glass amber bottle. When needed add one drop of the stock blend to a warm bowl of water. Place your head over the bowl and cover with a towel. Inhale.
- If you need a quick fix for your sinuses, take a wiff from the stock blend listed above. It is like having an aromatherapy inhaler all set to go.
- Add tea tree to your cleaning routine. Spritz the shower floor to help reduce fungal growth. See Recipes for more helpful ideas.
PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN TEA TREE:
- BOO BOO STICK – Great for minor cuts, scrapes, bug bites and other minor skin irritations
1 F. Carson, K. A. Hammer, and T. V. Riley, 2006 Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil: a Review of Antimicrobial and Other Medicinal Properties Clin Microbiol Rev. 2006 Jan; 19(1): 50–62. Found on line https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1360273/
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. This information is for educational purposes only. As with all essential oils, DILUTE BEFORE USE. Always perform a small skin patch test with properly diluted oil prior to use. Keep away from children.