Do not apply undiluted essential oils onto the skin. DILUTE ESSENTIAL OILS in carrier oils before applying them to the skin. We recommend a total of 5-18 drops of essential oil in 1 oz of carrier oil. See DILUTION tab.
REPEAT AS NEEDED. If not getting the desired results, increase frequency of use. If this is not effective, increase concentration of the essential oil in the blend. And finally you might need to try a different blend of oils.
It is always good to do a 24 hour skin test with any new product. Apply a small amount to the skin. Wait 24 hours. If there is no irritation it is usually safe to proceed using a new product. IF IRRITATION OCCURS immediately apply carrier oil to the affected area, then wash it off with soap and water. If a reaction is more severe, contact your Clinical Aromatherapist or health care provider.
Do not apply essential oils directly on pets. A diluted blend may be applied to their bedding.
KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN. Do not use with children under three. For very young children you may apply a 1% blend to the parents shoulder. This will provide a very gentle exposure for the child. See the DILUTION tab for details of a 1% solution.
STORE IN COOL DARK AREA to maintain the quality of your essential oil.
Aromatherapy has become very popular lately. I am happy to see the resurgence of this lost art. It does concern me that a few companies are using marketing terms to promote or set their product apart from the rest. The FDA does not inspect or endorse any essential oils, so the phrases “Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade” or “GRAS” have no official meaning other than they have been used for marketing purposes.
Clinically Trained Aromatherapists tend to group essential oils into four main quality categories:
- FIRST – Wild crafted, single species
- SECOND – Organic Cultivation, single species
- THIRD – Traditional Cultivation, single species
- FOURTH – Traditional Cultivation, multi species
2% dilution = 10-12 drops of essential oils diluted in one ounce carrier massage or oils for the face
- one ounce of bath salts or
- ½ ounce of any carrier oil or
- one cup of whole milk or heavy/light cream.
When dealing with an acute situation you may increase the dilution to about 10% (50-60 drops/ounce of carrier) for two days. As always, discontinue use if irritation occurs.
- ALMOND – contains fatty acids as well as vitamins A and E and penetrates easily into the skin. It is quite an effective emollient for moisturizing the skin and hair.
- APRICOT – is very similar to sweet almond oil, but it is more suitable for sensitive and mature skin AND the unrefined oil has an amazing aroma.
- CASTOR – the fatty acids found in castor oil are very effective in the treatment of everyday aches and pains, including: sore muscles, rheumatism, arthritis, and gout.
- GRAPESEED – is especially useful for skin types that do not absorb oils well, and it does not leave a greasy feeling.
- JOJOBA – makes a great scalp cleanser for the hair, and is equally wonderful for the skin because it has absorption properties that are similar to our skins own sebum.
- SESAME – is commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine (oil pulling, massage, etc) and is balancing to all doshas.
INHALING – is the quickest method for receiving the benefits of essential oils. Look how quickly a smell can trigger a memory. Apply the DILUTED oil to your palms, cup around your nose and inhale. You can also apply anywhere on your upper body so that you can breathe in the healing fragrance throughout the day.
APPLYING TO THE SKIN – diluted in salves, oils (ROLLERS), lotions and bathing provides an enjoyable relaxing experience. Our skin is permeable. For muscle and joint pain, you should apply to the site of discomfort just as you would any other product. If you massage or apply heat it will increase absorption and effectiveness.
As with any product, discontinue use if irritation occurs.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. This information is for educational purposes only. As with all essential oils, DILUTE BEFORE USE. Always perform a small skin patch test with properly diluted oil prior to use. Keep away from children.